TessDrive PH continues its series of “mukbang” videos, this time with an Independence Day special at Sentro Botanikos vegan restaurant in Alfonso, Cavite province.
Our intrepid trio of vegan food hunters (scientist and radio host Custer Deocaris, breastfeeding advocate and vegan activist Nona Andaya-Castillo, and TessDrive editor Aries Espinosa) celebrate their own “Happy Independence From Meat Day!” with a sumptuous spread of plant-based (meat-free) Pinoy dishes that virtually takes them back in time.
The meat-free buffet features Sentro Botanikos’ specialties in their menu:
- The “No-cow G Bulalo”
- Meat-free Adobo
- Meat-free Barbeque
- Paksiw M-chon (No-Pig Lechon)
- No-meat Kare-Kare
- Tofu Menudo
- Mushroom-Tofu Sisig
- Crispy Kangkong
- Baby Potatoes
- Pechay Vegan Balls
- Crispy Shrooms
- Mixed Veggies (eggplant, tomatoes, cucumber and squash, Malabar spinach, alugbati, okra and cabbage)
- Bitter Gourd Salad (ensaladang ampalaya and radish)
- Indian Mango with Vegan Bagoong
- Fruit Platter (watermelon, melon, avocado, pineapple)
- A variety of rice: Blue Ternate, Red Turmeric, Malunggay, and Plain Denorado
Special thanks to Geely Philippines for lending out its Okavango SUV for our vegan food hunters’ transport.
This video is dedicated to the billions of Earth’s defenseless creatures harmed and slaughtered every day for human consumption. May there come a time when no animal suffers and dies for humans to live.
‘For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love’ — Pythagoras
Subscribe to the TessDrive PH channel to watch more videos on cruelty-free lifestyles, and to get notified for upcoming crazy-enlightening food trips.